Are you passionate, motivated and dedicated in supporting young people to move forward in in their lives?
YMCA Derbyshire are looking for a Housing Navigator to join their team
You will work as part of the Accommodation Team to provide a high quality, efficient and effective service to clients aged 16 to 35 who are accommodated in dispersed properties across Derby City. This new and exiting role will assist residents under 35 to gain independent living skills in order to maintain a healthy living environment and move closer towards education and employability to further succeed with housing options.
Duties will include:
- Assessing clients suitability for accommodation
- Giving assistance around rents, debts and Housing Benefit queries
- Organising and providing appropriate support tor residents
- Liaising with other relevant agencies, professionals and stakeholders
- Helping with the monitoring of non-payment of rent
- Conducting health and safety checks of properties
In order to apply for this role you must have the following:-
- Experience of working with vulnerable people;
- The ability to manage challenging behaviour in a positive manner;
- Ability to work professionally with a range of customers;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle
You will be working 28 hours per week and the role is fixed term until January 2020.
The full job ad and Description can be found on the YMCA Derbyshire website and the closing date for applications is the 22nd March 2018 5:00pm. To apply for this role, please complete an application form as YMCA Derbyshire do not accept CV’s
If you would like an informal chat to discuss this opportunity please telephone Reena Sharma on 01332 579583